One of the best things about the Sea Scouts is that it teaches children how to serve their communities. We have so much fun doing service work for the community. Here are a few projects we have participated in and some ideas for your group of scouts.
- Make holiday cards for patients in nursing homes
- Collect video games and DVDs for treatment centers for children
- Plant trees and flowers in the local park
- Collect games and clothes for the local homeless shelter
- Clean up trash and litter at the park
- Visit a hospital or nursing home and play games with patients
- Make baked goods and deliver them to first responders
- Collect food for the local food pantry
- Make blankets for children at homeless shelters
- Go to animal shelters and play with the pets
- Make cards and send gifts to troops overseas
- Create care packages for the homeless including toiletries
What are your favorite ideas for service? Share them here.